Position : Job Opportunity : Teradata DBA/Engineer
[Teradata DBA, Linux/Unix OS, SQL, BTEQ, TASM, Viewpoint, Design, Troubleshoot]
Top Must-Have Skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Has an advanced knowledge of tools and techniques required for area(s) of Teradata DBA.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in Teradata Database Administration
- Proficient working with Linux or Unix Operating System
- Proficient with SQL, BTEQ
- Solid understanding of TASM, Viewpoint
- Teradata Data mover experience is a plus
- User Management – Creation and managing Teradata objects like Databases, Users, Profiles, Roles, Accounts, Tables, etc. Modifying Databases, Users, Roles Profiles as per Teradata Best practices
- Space Allocation – Assigning Permanent Space, Spool Space and Temporary Space.
- Access of Database Objects – Granting and Revoking Access Rights on different database objects.
- Security Control – Handling logon and logoff rules for Users.
- System Maintenance – Specification of system defaults, restart handling, alert creation and monitoring.
- System Performance – Use of Performance Monitor (Viewpoint), Priority Scheduler and Job Scheduling.
- Resource Monitoring – Database Query Log (DBQL & PDCR, Access Logging) and PDCR implementation and reporting.
- Data Archives, Restores and Recovery – Viewpoint and DSA. (with NetBackup)
- Design and manage troubleshooting/exceptional procedures such as handling hot AMPs, crashdumps, slowdowns, connectivity issues, etc.
- Plan, design and implement the Hardware and Software upgrade strategy for the Teradata database.
- Troubleshooting: integrity, performance, and resource utilization, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, security, etc.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management in T@YS.
- Exposure to Teradata tools Teradata Administrator/ Teradata Studio/SQL Assistant, TSET, TASM/TDWM.
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Excellent communication skill in terms of both verbal and written. Ability to document and maintain procedures. Skill and ability to train others on technical and procedural topics.
- Attention to detail and able to organize and plan work independently the ability to work autonomously.
- Perform detailed design, development, unit testing and deployment for Change Requests.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships across the organization.