Position : Job opportunity : Rules Engine Developer
Rules Engine Developer
IT Developers are responsible for the development, programming, and coding of Information Technology solutions. They will engage in all phases of the software development life-cycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications and will participate in evaluating, conducting performance testing, and all planned and unplanned maintenance for both internally developed applications and purchased products. Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
• Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
• Proficiency using versioning tools: GIT, GNU, RCS, SCCS, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, Monotone, etc
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Flexible team player
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
o May include languages such as; Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Hive, NFI, Scoop, etc
o May include database knowledge in; SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, dBase, MS Access, etc
• Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
• Proficiency using debugging tools; Advanced Debugger, Allinea DDT, AQtime,, ARM, CA/EZTEST, etc
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
• Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
• Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
3-5 years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or relevant work experience
Relevant Development certifications
4-5 years Java/Springboot
2-3 Rules Engine (Preferably Red Hat Decision Manager)
• Hands on experience in using RHDM/Drools rules engine as kjars in Spring-boot REST services or standalone using KIE.
• Experience in building REST services using Spring boot services.
• SME in creating process flows within RHDM & usage of various type of business assets [Guided tables, DRL etc].
• Experience in decision central based rules authoring & CI-CD.
• Working knowledge on Red Hat Decision manager & Git integration
• Experience in using OpenShift based RHDM/drools & svc deployments.
• Experience in testing automation using cucumber.
• Dev-Ops experience towards Open shift, Jenkins/Git/RHDM is a plus