Position : Podiatrist
- Provides high quality, patient centered comprehensive assessment of the lower extremity from distal to the knee consistent with scope of practice in Nebraska. This includes but not limited to
- Evaluate and treat persons with diabetes; identify individuals at high risk for lower extremity amputations; provides preventive and therapeutic services for neuropathy of the lower extremity.
- Assesses footwear needs in diabetics and patients with non-diabetes related foot problems such as plantar fasciitis, pescavus/arthritis, other congenital or traumatic foot deformities, and gait abnormalities.
- Prevent lower limb amputations and actively participate in limb salvage by aggressively treating lower extremity infections, both surgically and medically.
- Assists in selection and scheduling patients for Foot Care Clinics; and investigates implementation of care management program for tracking and providing services to patients. Develops and implements systems to evaluate treatment and program effectiveness and implements continuous performance improvement programs and reviews for the Foot Care Program
- Participation in institutional and medical staff committees, quality and safety programs, and patient engagement and experience improvement activities as directed.