Position : Director of Nursing
· Registered nurse with minimum 2 years clinical management experience.
· Strong leadership qualities to direct a staff of 7 RNs, 1-2 LPNs, 14 CNAs; staffing is a mix of facility employees and locum/contract employees.
· Ability to manage and delegate the many quality/performance improvement initiatives required by federal regulation in cooperation/coordination with the QI Coordinator.
· Oversee and direct antibiotic stewardship requirements.
· Stay up to date with the Critical Access Hospital State Operations Manual and the survey process. Update policies and procedures as needed.
· Must be willing to work occasional shift on the floor. Obtain/maintain ACLS, TNCC, PALS certifications.
· Focused attention to recruitment/retention.
· Self-motivation and drive to do what is needed to delegate, manage, oversee responsibilities of position.
· Available to staff by phone after hours and occasionally must come in and assist.