Position : New Job Oportunity : FICO Blaze Developer
Role: FICO Blaze Developer
Location: Remote (company is in St. Louis, MO)
- Act as technical lead of automated underwriting software solution development, through the life cycle including significant contribution toward developing project plans, coordinating team staff assignments, and monitoring projects against budget and project plans.
- Analyze business requirements, develop functional specifications and perform gap analysis of existing information systems. Develop high-level technical specifications and detailed program specifications for review with project team, including other development staff.
- Define the development process based on the project requirements, which varies depending on external client development methodologies, direct the activities of onsite, offshore, and external client technical resources on the project and provide the status and feedback to the project stakeholders.
- Engage regularly with external clients to ensure customers’ expectations are met, gain understanding when desired outcomes are not feasible and provide alternative solutions to meet objective(s).
- Design and develop software for new functionality, improvements and system longevity. Ensure the ongoing support activities to meet the customers’ service level agreement.
- Conduct feasibility studies and perform cost/benefit analysis for RTP projects.
- Ensure software quality processes are adhered to, prepare the required documentation of technical architecture and design are completed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Provide training and mentor the team members and users as required.
- 8+ years of experience in programming/systems analysis.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems’ design and technical solutions and perform solution gap analysis
- Design and develop software components and enhance system performance
- Prepare and present application and programming design solutions FICO Blaze Advisor
- Conduct feasibility study of customer requirements and provide cost benefit analysis with right architectural solutions
- Experience in Agile/Scrum SDLC methodology and contribute with the development team to achieve the project milestones and goals
- Engage and coordinate internal teams with teams outside of immediate group such as helpdesk, vendors to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical, performance and other application issues within the stipulated time boundaries
- Ability to work with external customers around the world, adapting to different software development methodologies and cultural approaches to projects depending upon client need, maintain effective relationship and trust
- Advanced interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to developers
- Ability to work well within and lead a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task
- 10+ years experience in programming and systems analysis
- 5+ years Insurance and/or reinsurance industry knowledge
- Multi-lingual skills