Position : Job Opportunity : Guidewire Developer
Position Type: Contract to hire
Position Length: CTH, min 3 months +
Remote till Covid
Work Location – Glendale, AZ
- Hands-on configuration and integrations with Guidewire’s InsuranceSuite, including but not limited to PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, and EnterpriseEngage (digital).
- Be involved in designing and building capabilities/services in a continuous delivery model on a Guidewire cloud software as a service platform.
- Direct experience with configuration of Standard Based Template (SBT) within Guidewire.
- Partner with leads and architects to help establish a technical vision and deliver innovative capabilities which are consistent, maintainable, and highly scalable for various commerce experiences.
- Work within microservices architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs using Java.
- Work in a distributed/cloud-based environment, including Amazon Web Services & Kubernetes and related technologies.
- Use data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns.
- Define solutions, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Use modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests.
- Practice full DevOps to ensure a culture of testing and releasing software on Amazon Web Services continuously using automation and monitoring.
- Leverage NoSQL using Amazon Web Services to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance.
- Deliver software in a Scrum of other agile development process/methodologies.
- Perform technical code reviews and pair programming.
- Partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable.
What would make us excited about you
- You have deep knowledge of and experience with Guidewire’s InsuranceSuite products
- Existing associate or above certifications in Guidewire InsuranceSuite products; with aspirations to achieve professional certification
- AWS Native Services like Lambda, DynamoDB, and S3
- AWS build tools, including Jenkins & Maven
- Java/J2EE, Python or NodeJS
- REST Webservices
- Databases, including SQL and NoSQL
- UML & Design Patterns
- Shows respect for differences through good communication skills with people from an array of backgrounds.